EHPS 2015 has started!
Delegates are encouraged to pass by the conference’s Registration / Support Desk, which is situated at the Basement Floor of Grand Hotel Resort & Spa, to register for the conference and receive their conference bag, containing their name-badge, the conference handbook, the meal vouchers, maps of the conference venues and the city and other useful brochures and other informative documentation. The Registration / Support Desk hours for today are as follows: 09:00 – 13:00 & 14:30 – 18:00.
Today’s conference program includes:
- EHPS Executive Committee Meeting (10:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Onisillos room)
1. Using Item Response Theory in questionnaire development and theory testing in Health Psychology (09:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Hall B)
2. To provide Innovative Strategies for Writing Scientific Papers, Including Creative Use of New Internet Resources, and Responding to Reviews, Including Rejection (09:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Hall C)
3. How do you conduct a metaethnography? An introduction to meta-syntheses (09:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Tefkros room)
4. Motivational Interviewing in Health Care – willing ready and able to change health behaviours (09:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Evagoras room)
5. Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Health Psychology settings – an experimental introduction (09:00 – 17:00, Grand Resort – Hall A)
- ‘Meet the Experts’ meeting (14:00 – 16:30 – Grand Resort – Tycoons Bar)
Official Opening Ceremony of EHPS 2015:
Rendez-vous at 18:00 at the Hall A of the Grand Resort, for the conference Opening Ceremony! Please do not forget to wear your name-badge pocket, containing your vouchers.
The program of the ceremony includes welcome speeches from Cyprus Minister of Health, Dr Giorgos Pamborides, the Mayor of Limassol Andreas Christou, the chair of the Organising Committee, Dr. Theano Kalavana, the chair of the Scientific Committee Prof. Yael Benyamini, the Chair of the Department of Psychology of the University of Cyprus Associate Professor Timotheos Papadopoulos, the president of the Cyprus Psychology Association Assistant Professor Panayiotis Stavrinides.
After the scheduled speeches, the Herman Schaalma Award, the EHPS Early Career Award and the EHPS Honorary Fellowship will be presented.
The opening ceremony will conclude with a live music performance by a local band, playing traditional songs from Cyprus and the Greek isles.
After the conclusion of the opening ceremony, we will move to the swimming pool area (just outside Hall A) for the Welcome Reception, where we will have fun, enjoy some drinks and canapes, network and dance to the music of the DJ!
The evening does not end here! Delegates will have the opportunity to continue their fun on the beach, where a cash bar will be available until midnight!